PDP picks Monday for South-West Congress in Osun State – The Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party has also moved the North-West Council to Osogbo, Osun State and set Monday, April 12 for the exercise .
The program was held on Saturday, April 10 for a workout in Ibadan, Oyo State.
However, tensions between the two local leaders of former governor Ayo Fayose and the current Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde, prompted the party to postpone the event.
The group made the decision after an emergency meeting with Death Fighters on Thursday.
The party’s press secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement released after the NWC emergency meeting with the gladiators, said the matter was over soon.
Part of the statement read, “After a thorough discussion of concerns in the PDP’s South-West region, we decided as follows:
“The South-West Zonal Congress of our grand convention is being held on Monday, April 12, 2021 in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State.
“PDP leaders assure us that they are working with all concerned to achieve a free and fair assembly at our grand convention in the South-West region.
- Babatunde Fashola advocates redesign of medical school infrastructure
- Aisha’s frankness sometimes appears as indiscretion, says Fayemi
- I’m taking a short rest in London, says President Buhari
- FG activates N240bn ADB facility for tech, creative sectors
- Absence of leadership responsible for factions in A’Ibom APC – Stakeholders Says
- Senate asked Finance Board for n258m out-of-court expenses